Bongiovi Digital Power Station™ (DPS) is the ultimate audio processing solution.
Bongiovi DPS is a patented algorithm that optimizes audio in real time.
DPS Profiles are created and implemented for ultimate audio flexibility in any sound scenario.
At the heart of DPS is our profile system. A DPS profile contains over 120 calibration points that configures the patented DPS algorithm. Each profile is carefully crafted by Bongiovi acoustic engineers. These profiles are used to optimize the audio signal in real-time; for the output device (speakers), environment (high noise), and to emphasize a “sound” or other desired effects .
Below are a few examples of how Bongiovi DPS can work for you:
● Upgrade the performance of headphones and earbuds – Bongiovi Acoustics audio engineers have created custom profiles for many popular headphones and earbuds. These profiles correct for any audio deficiencies and provide an overall improvement in sound quality.
● Improve the sound of small speaker systems – Portable speakers, clock radios, laptops, tablets and mobile phones all sacrifice audio quality for portability. Bongiovi DPS excels at creating an optimized audio signal for small speakers. This means louder overall output, clarity for soft recordings, better bass response and enhanced stereo imaging.
● Maximize the sound of large speaker systems – Home theater, car audio, PA systems and more. Bongiovi DPS will significantly improve the audio quality of these systems.
● Improve the sound of TVs or multimedia displays – Movies can have very loud or very soft passages. Bongiovi DPS can normalize the volume (DRC) of all multimedia content in a way that sounds natural and brings out details normally only heard in a movie theater.
● Automatic sound mixing/mastering – Some applications, like Karaoke, require blending several sounds together in real time. Even a professional sound engineer can experience less than desirable results mixing audio on an app. Bongiovi DPS Technology can automatically help blend music, voice and other sounds with the press of a single button.
● Recondition the sound of internet audio streams – Real time internet audio can have inconsistent volume, content quality and frequency response issues. The active components of Bongiovi DPS Technology can easily provide a consistent, quality listening experience for any audio stream.
● Increase clarity in high noise environments – If your audio needs to be heard in a crowded or noisy environment, then DPS is your solution. DPS Technology was originally invented to provide high quality audio in the noisy environment of small private airplanes.
● DPS will vastly improve any audio application you can think of.
Click here to experience an example of how DPS Profiles apply to the devices you use every day.
DPS works by creating an audio signal that is dynamically optimized for the desired application.
An optimized audio signal is easier to hear, easier for an amplifier to reproduce and results in a better overall listening experience.
The audio waveform below is for the song “New York, New York” featuring Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra:
Notice the lighter blue core of the waveform surrounded by darker blue peaks. The light blue represents the average power of the audio and includes much of the information we perceive as loudness. The darker blue peaks can be much greater than the average power at any given moment. An amplifier and speakers must work very hard to reproduce all of this information exactly as delivered.
The Bongiovi Digital Power Station™ Real Time Audio Re-Mastering™ process reacts instantly to the incoming audio signal. This patented algorithm understands that human ears pay the most attention to sounds to which they are most sensitive. No matter what the original content of the audio is, Bongiovi DPS will optimize the signal so that important sounds stay at a consistent volume without losing their emotional impact or causing unwanted artifacts.
Here is New York, New York processed by Bongiovi DPS:
Notice how the lighter blue is extremely consistent while the dark blue (still vibrant and active) is more controlled. It is easier for speakers or headphones to reproduce and it is easier for us to listen to. Even though this waveform appears quieter, the customer will perceive both examples to be the same volume. All of that space around the waveform is headroom that can be used to make a device or recording louder in a noisy environment.
Bongiovi DPS can be implemented in both hardware and software-based platforms.
DPS technology can be licensed for integration into 3rd party products. The licensing agreement is based on a number of factors. The goal of Bongiovi Acoustics licensing is to help you sell more products by providing outstanding audio at a very affordable price.
If you are interesting in licensing the DPS technology, please contact our Integration and Licensing team by clicking here.