High definition video deserves recording studio quality audio
Televisions today offer the consumer an amazing value – advanced HD displays, Wi-Fi connections and smart features. As TVs become thinner, sound is compromised by space restrictions in the enclosure. The enclosure is becoming dominated by the screen, leaving little room for adequate speaker systems.
DPS technology produces television audio that lives up to the high definition video experience:
- Dynamic Range Control adjusts volume to compensate for loud cinematic effects that make dialogue and ambient noise too quiet.
- Speaker Protection helps the television’s small speakers conform to hardware reliability specifications.
- Stereo Field Widening creates a full-bodied stereo sound in televisions (where the left and right speakers are too close together,) and also compensates for sub-optimal television placement or smaller room sizes.
- Sound Stage Enhancement elevates and extends the perceived sound to create a broad stereophonic spectrum.
- Vocal Clarity reduces echoes, background noises, and reverberations that cause voice signals to be unintelligible.
- Bass Definition produces deep, well-defined bass response that doesn’t cloud other frequency ranges, eliminating the need to add a bulky subwoofer.
- Ultra High Frequency (Air) manages the higher audible frequencies to create a more open, spacious (or “airier”) sound stage.
- User Tone Controls allow listeners to customize the sound to their own taste.
- Automatic Volume/Loudness Control manages the volume so all details of a movie will be crystal clear and easy to hear at any volume level in any acoustic environment.
- Compressed Audio Restoration adjusts audio frequency levels to compensate for diminished frequency response that results from the compression of the MP3, the most widely used music format.
- Noise Gate keeps noise generated by analog inputs from being heard when audio content is not playing.
For more information about how to integrate DPS into your Televisions, please contact us.