Sound Bars with DPS technology can provide a true home theater experience
While Sound Bars can improve standard TV audio, they are limited by their physical size and components. DPS optimizes the Sound Bar’s existing hardware to deliver greatly improved sound performance:
- Dynamic Range Control adjusts volume to compensate for loud cinematic effects that make dialogue and ambient noise too quiet.
- Speaker Protection helps the sound bar’s speakers conform to hardware reliability specifications.
- Stereo Field Widening creates a full-bodied stereo sound in Sound Bars (where the left and right speakers are too close together,) and also compensates for sub-optimal Sound Bar placement or smaller room sizes.
- Sound Stage Enhancement elevates and extends the perceived sound to create a broad stereophonic spectrum.
- Bass Definition produces deep, well-defined bass response that doesn’t cloud other frequency ranges, eliminating the need to add a bulky subwoofer.
- Ultra High Frequency (Air) manages the higher audible frequencies to create a more open, spacious (or “airier”) sound stage.
- Vocal Clarity reduces echoes, background noises, and reverberations that cause voice signals to be unclear, and provides better intelligibility for VOIP communications.
- User Tone Controls allow listeners to customize the sound to their own taste.
- Automatic Volume/Loudness Control manages the volume so all details of a movie will be crystal clear and easy to hear at any volume level in any acoustic environment.
- Compressed Audio Restoration adjusts audio frequency levels to compensate for diminished frequency response that results from the compression of the MP3, the most widely used music format.
For more information about how to integrate DPS into Sound Bars, please contact us.