Powerful, professional quality audio for headphones and earbuds
The compact nature of headphone speakers dramatically reduces frequency response, especially bass. Even expensive headphones struggle to produce satisfying sound and large amounts of dynamic range.
DPS maximizes the headphone and earbud listening experience:
- Compressed Audio Restoration adjusts audio frequency levels to compensate for diminished frequency response that results from the compression of the MP3, the most widely used music format.
- Dynamic Range Control adjusts volume to compensate for loud cinematic effects that make dialogue and ambient noise too quiet.
- Speaker Protection helps the small speakers inside headphones and earbuds conform to hardware reliability specifications.
- Sound Stage Enhancement extends the perceived sound to create a broad stereophonic spectrum.
- Stereo Field Widening creates a full-bodied stereo sound in computers (where the left and right speakers are too close together.)
- Vocal Clarity reduces echoes, background noises, and reverberations that cause voice signals to be unclear, and provides better intelligibility for VOIP communications.
- Bass Enhancement produces deep, well-defined bass response that doesn’t cloud other frequency ranges.
- Ultra High Frequency (Air) manages the higher audible frequencies to create a more open, spacious (or “airier”) sound stage.
- Automatic Volume/Loudness Control manages the volume so all details of a movie will be crystal clear and easy to hear at any volume level in any acoustic environment.
- Hearing protection (H.E.A.R. Technology) ensures that there are no sustained sounds greater than 85 dB, the level where hearing loss occurs.
For more information about how to integrate the DPS into headphones and earbuds, please contact us.